Pandemic Diaries - March 28, 2020

We're all getting into the rhythm meeting and drinking with friends over video calls. We even share what we're eating, give tours of the house and introduce pets and family members to each other. I've joined guided mediation sessions online, as well as dance and exercise classes. Jumping around the basement after sitting at my laptop all day is exhilarating. For the past 2 years, I listen to guided mediation videos to help me unwind at night - the deep breathing and soothing sounds.

It's hard to watch the news and even my favorite podcasts are so serious. I broke down in tears at odd moments: I heard NPR health reporter sound discouraging; our local meterologist Glenn Hurricane Schwartz was broadcasting from his house and he seemed sad in the beginning as he talked to the camera, but once he started talking about the weather, his spirit picked up; Rick Steves was enjoying a homemade supper with a family in Italy, hugging and kissing everyone. Will life ever be normal?

One consistent message among the spiritual guides I've been following for the past year is that we need to go through this period. This is our cocoon. We are forced to go into our homes. We are left with what truly matters. We took the world.. the earth.. each other.. for granted. We are not meant to be isolated, but this is the only way.

I do believe we need to raise positive vibrations in this time of heavy negativity. We have to find the joy - whether it is the Italians singing on their balconies, the volunteers who make food for the elderly, the people who make videos to read and sing to children. I'm disappointed that the news media only shows two numbers - how many cases reported and how many deaths. I want to know how many recovered! How many people went back home from the hospital?
 
We need to be responsible for the energy we spread.
Love 
Forgive 
Share 
Nurture 
Thrive
Peace


We will come out and life will be different. It won't be the same. But, we will know what we have and be more grateful for it.


Comments