Positive Messages

It's pretty much the norm in 2013 to be on various Distribution Lists (DLs). You've got them for work, for community groups, for social and political organizations, and then just your favorite Ebay items. Like most people, I utilize the Delete function and keep removing those messages as they fill my mailbox.

Recently at work, we had a trying two weeks of problems. I was on DL's for a lot of alerts and issues. There was one issue that actually sent an email out every 15 minutes to notify there was a problem and no one knew how to resolve that.

Then one morning, I received a notifcation of a "Successful" activity. Now, this was not the first time I received that message. I probably received that message every other day, but simply deleted it. However, after being pummeled with more than 100 errors message, I suddenly noticed the Success message.

And it felt good.

In short, I think we need to put these messages out there that confirm"Yep, we're all good here." or "Everything will be ok." We've got so many negative messages demanding our attention, we need to make way for the positive ones. My story is about email messages, but it could be any form that we see. A message could come through TV (why exactly did you turn on "When Harry Met Sally" at that particular scene?) or from a song on the radio or just words that someone has spoken to you that cheer or inspire you.

And when we do receive a positive message, we should not just delete them out of our minds. We should recognize it, acknowledge it and embrace it.

Comments