Pandemic Diaries - June 29, 2020 On To New Paths

We're going into July now and the northeastern US states are opening up. NY and NJ have asked out of state visitors to self quarantine to make sure their numbers stay stable. PA has opened to “Yellow”status and “Green” is coming up this weekend, though Philadelphia is still wary about this. I question the Green status since that would mean we’re free to go. It’s actually “Yellow-Green” to me – proceed with caution. Only when we have a vaccine could we say that we’re free to run around as we used to do. I was told at that point, we won't have the need for any colors so it doesn't matter.

In the last few weeks, we’ve met some friends and family in backyard or park settings. You can stay out of each other’s homes until someone needs the restroom, and you can’t really point them to the woods. We are wearing masks when we're out and about and potentially meeting other people. When I go running, I keep a mask on me just in case I encounter someone in close proximity. I heard someone say that in the old days, one never left the house without a handkerchief. Now it will be your mask. We're keeping an extra one in the car just in case someone forgets.

Of course, there are people who are protesting wearing a masks in public, which is really unfortunate and ignorant. There shouldn't be anything political about this as it's all about science and fact; places around the world where people wear masks are doing well in terms of controlling the virus. It's about protecting others and ourselves.

***************

On a more personal front, the Universe had to shake me up a bit this month. I heard there were new moons and eclipses on top of it being my birthday month, so apparently it affects me more. To be honest, the universe was poking and prodding my career for the last 6 months, leading me down a path of confusion and frustration. 

I actually lost a bit of what I had known and actually how I defined myself. I needed to remind myself that Universe takes things away to make room for new. That makes sense. How can you accept new rewards when  your arms are already full of old baggage? I kept that in my mind when things didn't make sense and defied logic over the past few months. At the end of the month, I can confirm that it's all good now, and I do feel lighter and more positive as I take steps in a new direction.

The Path

Sometimes when you have pebbles in your shoes,
you keep walking. It’s alright.
They’re small stones, but they dig deeply into your heels.
One pebble becomes two, and a third slides under your foot.
You make room for it. You accept it.
After a while, the callouses on your sole protect you from the sharp edges.
You become numb and bear the discomfort
as part of your journey.
 
You’ve become blind to the pebbles and stone.
You've become blind to the big rock in your path.
Do you not see it? How could you not know it was there?
You trip and fall.

However, you rise quickly. Sprightly.
And on your way up from the ground,
you feel the weight in your shoes and
see the blood on your feet.
The jaggedness stones did hurt you.
You release all of these rocks
and forge ahead on a new path,
much more nimble than before. 

 

 

Comments