Pandemic Diaries - May 13, 2020 - Things I Will Continue To Do After the Lockdown Ends

I originally wrote this on May 13th and was hoping to add more to this list. But, now that it's July, I think I need to post this.

Things I Will Continue To Do After the Lockdown Ends

1. Will be shopping with a plan and decisive list.
I realized how much of my time on weekends are spent browsing stores and shopping for unnecessary items. Now I'm actually questioning a lot of the items I do have. I was obsessed with shopping for purses online and actually acquired a few off eBay. I look at my closet lined with purses that I adore, but I don't know when and where I'm going to use these again. As of now, I'm sporting a small crossbody from Guatemala to minimize the exposure from carrying my usual bags.

By the way, we live in close proximity to a lot of grocery stores and we've gotten used to buying only what we need at that time. "Stop at Trader Joe's to pick up olive oil and eggs," "Stop at BJ's to pick up pizza." Now we've changing our shopping habits to include more advance planning and storage of bulk items. So, again, this saves us time and money as well.

2.  Will be looking for Saturday nights that can be home.
Yeah. Enough said. We've freed ourselves of the FOMO.

3. Do not agree to social obligations just because we "need to" say yes.
During this time where social distancing is best done remotely, I've realized how much stress social
obligations are. In fact, social obligations actually take us back to #1 about shopping because now we have to buy hostess gifts, outfits to wear, nails and hair to be done, food to be served or what to bring or make if it's potluck. Wow. what a relief.

When we don't see our friends, we realize who are the ones we actually miss the most. And it turns out it's not all those that we see at parties and wherever.

I'm sure there are more lessons learned that I have yet to articulate.

Photo Credit: Hayley Frerichs

Comments